We invite abstracts on any of the following topics.*
- Practices of empowerment of intercultural dialogue through media, arts and performative activities.
- Networks (formal and informal) with publicly-funded cultural organizations, civil society and other stakeholders.
- Employment opportunities for migrants in cultural and creative industries.
- Comparisons between the approaches of public and private media.
- The role of immigrant/diaspora/minority media.
- Participatory media and arts projects devoted to working directly with refugee and migrant groups in socially engaged practice.
- Audience development strategies aiming at promoting cultural diversity.
- Practices and experiences in assessing projects in the field of intercultural dialogue
- Fundraising creative projects to support intercultural dialogue and migrants
- The formation of cultural providers and the role of intercultural dialogue professionals in supporting cultural and artistic projects for the integration of refugees and migrants.
* Please note, this is not an exhaustive list of topics, and we will review any abstracts related to the media and migration/immigration/multiculturalism and related topics. Especially welcome are submissions rooted in media studies, visual, performative and cultural studies, critical data studies, postcolonial studies and from scholars who build bridges between academia, policy, public and private funding, media system, arts and public debate, and stakeholders’ networks.
The deadline for the submissions is 1 February 2020. Interested contributors should send a 300-500 word abstract and a short biographical note at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The accepted proposals will be notified by 15 February 2020. The languages of the conference are Italian and English (the latter is preferred).